Metrologic Group released Version 12 of the X4 platform. With over 30 new major functionalities, Metrolog X4 and Silma X4 now offer more than a way to improve user experience and drive value across every stage of 3D inspection process. They allow you to carry out even more 3D measurements you can trust.
Among some of the new functionalities, we would like to give you some heads-up on the following:
- Silma X4: Optimized Path Planning Module for Robot
Addressing fully automated Robot trajectory and path creator, optimized and collision-free, based on existing features to be measured and existing workcell and environment (robot brands, additional axis’ measurement rules and constraints, etc…), especially adapted to Laser Radar and Laser Tracker-based measurement systems.
- Silma X4: Improved Path Planning Module for CMM
Trajectory and path creator, optimized and collision-free, that allows to automatically associate a probe orientation for the targeted feature.
- Silma X4: Further Digital Twin capabilities
A true virtual Twin simulation of CMM / Robot / Sensor real advanced behaviour in a digital world. You can simulate the sensor visibility if tracked according to the device manufacturer specifications and simulate point cloud acquisition when the visibility is valid.
- Metrolog X4: 5-axis measurement
For customers looking at adding capabilities to existing 5-axis based machines using Renishaw REVO or PH20 probes, X4 now supports complex 5-axis measurement on both program execution.
- Metrolog X4: Additional device type and interface integration
– New Hexagon Leica ATS600 is fully supported, including advanced functionality that helps easily scan any features, surfaces using all the advanced tools the device offers today (camera, targets, reflectors, etc….).
– Pantec DCC Controller integration with Optical Kreon laser line scanner direct interface.
– DC Hexagon Controller integration with Optical HPL laser line scanner direct interface.
– Robot Universal Robot Integration of the latest e-Series.
Besides specific enhancements for point cloud acquisition, robot automation as well as traditional and portable CMMs, more new device interfaces are currently available for Zeiss CMM-OS, Creaform, Nikon-Metris, Wenzel, FANUC, Hexagon and of course, Robots. Other tools available in the release include: probes, features (Generation improvements, Advanced Part detection module, Gear module, Inspection Path Planning module), workcell (Off-line Point Cloud improvements, new rendering mode in detailed view).
We can keep telling you that we have the best/ truly universal / top-notch 3D inspection software solution, and how we successfully address the evolving challenges of 3D metrology within the digital smart factory, but you already knew that.
Instead, we would like to meet your 3D measurement challenges. You have a measuring device and you would like to take your 3D inspection to the next level? Let us show you how we can help you achieve it!
In addition, for existing X4 end users – do not hesitate to contact your local reseller to learn more about the new available functionalities and improved tools.
For Metrolog X4 or Silma X4 users: get more information on this new release by simply logging in to your dedicated extranet page.
You are not registered yet? Simply request your direct personal access via the extranet registration page, using your license MetroKey as well as your contact details.