Inline Robotic Inspection Solution
Flexibility & Productivity serving metrology within the production line.
The X4 i-Robot technology is suitable for all industrial robots; it provides a production metrology solution accurate, reliable and flexible. X4 i-Robot is perfectly suited for applications requiring flexibility and productivity while providing high metrological accuracy.
- Measuring accuracy fully independent of robot’s positioning precision.
- Robot movements perfectly synchronized with measurement.
- Robot trajectory entirely controlled by Metrolog X4 part program.
The X4 i-Robot measuring system is based on a high speed acquisition laser scanner attached to a multi-axes robot wrist. The robot, of any type or brand, without specific accuracy, behaves as a simple tool holder. The measuring accuracy is provided, either by a separate tracking camera following the laser sensor box equipped with positioning LEDs, or by a laser tracker system.
The main applications can be found in the automotive, aerospace and their sub-contractors for the manufacturing lines metrology control.
X4 i-ROBOT, A CONSISTENT CELL THAT WORKS IN COOPERATION
• Scans almost all shapes of parts due to enhanced sensor performance.
• A laser tracker or photogrammetric system for accurate 3D positioning of optical scanner within the measuring area.
• Metrolog X4 software for comparative analysis of dimensional characteristics of the part compared to its CAD definition, flush and gap, sections and surfaces.
• Full control of robot directly from Metrolog X4 part programs.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Independent metrology chain: the measuring accuracy is independent of robot’s precision.
• Perfect synchronization between measurements and robot movements.
• Simplified programming of the robot trajectory directly from the CAD:
- Time savings due to offline programming.
- Complete flexibility when part is modified; simply update the trajectory inside Metrolog X4.
- Independent of robot accuracy: tolerant to robot drift, warm-up and backlash.
- No need for cyclic robot calibration.
• Process integration by using industrial robots:
- Fast and lean manipulator for laser scanner.
- Flexible adaptation for different parts and models.
- Interfaces to all robots brand or type, size and accuracy level.
- Easy robot replacement in case of maintenance. It is not involved in the measurement chain; it may be replaced without wasting time, programming or calibration.
• Robust and flexible integration.
Play the video:
Our 3D inspection software
range provide you the best way for quality measuring